Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Senior Software Engineer (Java)
To boost our presence in the Cloud space even more, we’re looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate Senior Software Engineer (Java) who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver.
Be a part of team tasked with projects involving building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust.
Own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
Qualifications – Senior Software Engineer (Java)
The following is an absolute must as a Senior Java Fullstack developer.
- microservice development and containerization and cloud deployments
- developing and implementing webservices
- databases and SQL, preferred Oracle and MySQL
- securing web applications
- performance tuning and scalability of applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Required Experience – Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- 3 – 7 years of work experience in Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting, algorithm design and analysis
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals
- Competent in core Java basics and Multi-threading, Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and, Hibernate etc.
- Hands on experience in developing message-based architecture and low latency applications
- Ability to tune applications performance, memory management, garbage collection.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in leading application servers such as WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss.
- Comfortable with Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs using Spring MVC
- Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, DB2, MySQL, Oracle Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Familiarity with Gradle, Maven, SVN and GIT
- Experience using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Test Automation
- Mobile development experience is a plus
Essential Abilities – Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- Design, Code, document and implement new applications as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintained and have high system performance.
- Work with full stack development – back end, middle tier, and client side
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a complex structured, matrix, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews to comply with coding standards
- Work smoothly with local and virtual remote teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.